Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12.10.2011 Bank of Zachary Holiday Party - Zachary, LA

When Saturday, December 10 arrived, Best Catered Events was on the road again.  This time we were headed to the home of  Frank and Kathy Parker in Zachary.  Upon arrival, owner Dianne Evans immediately fell in love with this home.  So cozy, warm and comfortable, an absolute perfect place for a party. 

























Frank and Kathy know how to host a party and they do it right!  When we entered we could see all the shiny ornaments hanging from all the chandeliers and vintage tablecloths already on all the tables. The house is just so inviting, with it's fireplace crackling and the antique Rock Ola jukebox playing, Bells Will Be Ringing by Charles Brown, the Best Catered Events staff members Bonnie Baxley and Brenda Kelly were humming and setting up the wonderful menu that the group had picked for their meal.

On the menu was our Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta, sweet and sour meatballs, bacon green bean bundles, assorted finger sandwiches, crabmeat au gratin, sundried tomato, feta and pine nut torte, mini crawfish pies, fresh fruit, raspberry hazelnut torte, voodoo cheese, fire grilled vegetables, peppered pork loin, beef brisket and chocolate covered Louisiana strawberries. 

Out back there was a fire pit and folks were gathered around it, in the hall there was slow dancing to the sounds on the antique jukebox, in the dining room folks were cutting the Italian Creme, Carrot and Red Velvet cakes with the cutest serving set ever, and out front on the porch there were others visiting and talking around a pot bellied stove. 

The Bank of Zachary is very special to this owner.  I have done more weddings for the children of the members of the Bank of Zachary than any other single location in over 20 years of catering. When I go into the bank, which is not that often, I always know most of the employees and they always know me.  I hear about all the grandchildren they have and we talk about how many years ago it was that I catered their weddings. 

This bank also took a chance on a lady that worked at Zachary High School and wanted to start her own small catering business all those many years ago.  They have been very instrumental in my company's relocation back to the Baton Rouge area.  I owe alot to this team of professionals.  I appreciate them and I am so happy to be able to cater their event.

Special thanks to Frank and Kathy Parker.  I felt like I was at home, among friends and a guest.....and I was the caterer!

Dianne Evans

My photo
Baton Rouge, LA and all of Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi, Louisiana, United States
Dianne Evans is the owner of Best Catered Events. Having catered for 21+ years, she can help create your special memories with a personal touch!